凯发k8国际首页-k8天生赢家一触发 文章 指南 旅游指南

苏州市姑苏区88处古街巷盘点汇总-凯发k8国际首页

作者:命硬 2023-08-18 10:52:02
去留言

苏州市姑苏区88处古街巷盘点汇总图片由网友“命硬”提供

古街巷标志牌(中英文)

1、大井巷

古名黄土曲巷,唐有富家治亭馆,酿美酒以延宾旅,酒价颇高,人称大酒巷。因音讹,至清代称大井巷,巷长171米。宋时巷中有龚宗元“中隐堂”。清代钱大昕从子钱坫曾居此巷。

dajing lane

the lane,originally called huangtuqu lane,is 171 meters long.since a rich man in the tang dynasty opened a restaurant,which is famous for its good and high price win,it was called dajiu(wine)lane in the tang dynasty.as similarly pronounced,it was called dajing lane in the qing dynasty.there was zhongyin hall of gong zongyuan in the lane in the song dynasty.qian dian,the second son of qian daxin in the qing dynasty,lived in the lane.

2、乔司空巷

宋乔行简居此,嘉定十二年(1219)乔任浙西提刑司使,节制浒浦水军,权知平江府,理宗时拜端明殿大学士,参知政事兼进知枢密院事,右丞相,职位近于汉代“司空”,封鲁国公。明清苏州方志均称乔司空巷,巷长378米。

qiao sikong lane

qiao xingjian was the judicial commissioner of western zhejiang province,controlled the hupu navy,and administrated the suzhou government temporally in 1219.his position was equal with si kong(minister of public works)of the han dynasty.during the period of lizong in the song dynasty,qiao xingjian was promoted as grand sectary,assistant administrator and then the lord of the kingdom of lu.it is recorded that the lane got its name as qiao sikong lane with a length of 378 meters in suzhou chronicles.

3、宜多宾巷

宋抗金名将麋登居此,职位都兵。巷长161米,明清皆称为麋都兵巷。清末至民国音讹为宜多宾巷。

巷内原有兴福庵、叶氏宅园、姜氏宅院等遗迹。14号为清末进士、教育家孔昭晋(1865-1936)故居。

yi duobin lane

since mideng,the famous anti-jing general who was the dubing(military official)in the song dynasty lived in the lane;it was called mi dubing lane during the period of ming and qing dynasties.as similarly pronounced it is also called yi duobin lane in the later qing dynasty and republic of china.the lane is 161 meters long.xingfu nunnery,ye family mansion,jiang family mansion and other historic sites were once located in the lane.

4、大王家巷

明称南王家巷,北侧有平行的北王家巷。全长194米,清代以大小命名,分别为大王家巷、小王家巷。传太平天国时王姓将领兄弟二人分住南北二巷。

big wangjia lane

in the ming dynasty this lane was called south wangjia lane.its total length is 194 meters.while a lane named north wangjia lane is parallel with it in the north.the two lanes were named the big wangjia lane and the small wangjia lane according to the size in the qing dynasty.the legend said that there were two brothers who's family name is wang generals during the taiping heavenly kingdom lived in the north and south wangjia lane.

5、富仁坊巷

唐代巷口牌坊名富春坊,宋称富仁坊。巷长444米,为苏城古坊之一。

巷内有太平天国慕王谭绍光所居之“慕园”。汪伪江苏省省长陈群曾居此巷内。

fu renfang lane

in the tang dynasty,the archway at the entrance of the lane was called fuchun archway,while called furen archway in the song dynasty.the total length of the lane is 444 meters.it is one of the sixty ancient blocks of suzhou.there is a memorial archway at the west entrance of the alley in pingjiang map.

inside the lane there is the mu garden which lived by tan shaoguang the king of mu of the taiping heavenly kingdom.chenqun,the governor of jiangsu province during wang puppet government period,once lived here.

6、阔家头巷

旧时因巷东首圆通寺名圆通巷。巷长191米,清代巷中多住富贵人家,名阔家头巷或阔街头巷。

巷中有世界文化遗产“网师园”、萧退庵寓居的圆通寺、清代沈德潜的故居教忠堂等遗迹。

kuo jiatou lane

the lane was called yuantong lane with a total length of 191 meters because yuantong temple lies at the east end of the lane in ancient times.as most rich people lived in the lane in the qing dynasty,it was named kuo jiatou lane or kuo jietou lane.

there are many scenic spots and historic sites in the lane including the world cultural heritage the master-of-nets garden,yuantong temple where xiao tuian lived,and jiaozhong hall(the former residence of shen deqian)in the lane.

7、带城桥下塘

明末崇祯皇帝周皇后之父周奎居此。巷长448米,清初将周宅改作苏州织造署,置厅堂楼阁园池假山,当时称织造府场、织造府前。光绪三十二年(1906)王谢长达在织造署旧址兴办振华女校。民国时,此街巷改称带城桥下塘,振华女校历经变迁现为江苏省苏州第十中学。

daichengqiao xiatang lane

zhou kui,the father of the queen of the emperor chongzhen,lived here at the end of the ming dynasty.in the early qing dynasty,zhou kui’s house became the suzhou weaving department’s office with the layout of the pavilions,ponds and rockeries,and people called this place zhizao fuchang or zhizao fuqian.the lane is 448 meters long.wang xiechangda set up zhenhua girls’school on the site of the house in 1906,which is the predecessor of the tenth middle school of suzhou.in the republic of china,the alley was renamed daichengqiao xiatang lane.

8、大新街

古代称北新街巷,巷长110米,南侧有平行小巷名南新街巷,民国改称大新街、小新街,又音讹为大心街、小心街。小新街废于二十世纪50年代。

daxin street

it was originally called beixin street with a total length of 110 meters.there was a street parallel with it in the south called nanxin street.in the republic of china,the two streets were renamed daxin street(大新街)and xiaoxin street(小新街),also known as daxin steet(大心街)and xiaoxin street(小心街)for similar pronunciation.xiaoxin street was destroyed in the era of"great leap forward"(in 1958).

9、装驾桥巷

宋章楶宅第在巷内,巷西口有西章家桥,故名西章家桥巷,又作装驾桥巷。巷长347.5米,相传吴王嫁女,于此装嫁奁行箧等,故名。

巷内有私家园林残粒园,为民国著名画家吴待秋故居。

zhuangjiaqiao lane

the lane has a length of 347.5 meters and zhangjie mansion was located in it in the song dynasty.as there was the xizhangjia bridge at the west entrance of the lane,it was named xizhangjia lane or zhuangjiaqiao lane.according to the legend,the king of the wu prepared trousseaus here for his daughter when she got married.

canli garden,a private garden in the lane,is the former residence of the famous painter wu daiqiu in the republic of china.

10、皋桥

又名伯通桥,因东汉时议郎皋伯通宅在桥侧而得名。章帝时,名士梁鸿过洛阳,有感作《五噫歌》惹怒皇帝。他易姓名携妻南避,入皋府为奴。皋伯通见梁妻孟光进膳“举案齐眉”,夫妇间又相敬如宾,认为定非常人,遂奉为上宾。周围有泰伯庙、曹沧洲故居等建筑。

the gao bridge

the other name of the bridge is botong bridge,because in the eastern han dynasty official gao botong’s house was on the side of the bridge.during the period of zhangdi,the scholar liang hong wrote the wuyi song when he passed by luoyang,which annoyed the emperor.he changed his name and fled with his wife to the southern china where he became a servant of the official of gao botong.seeing liang hong and his wife respected each other,gao botong held a high opinion about him and respected him.taibo temple and the former residence of cao cangzhou are in the the surrounding area.

11、蒲林巷

巷口有蒲老桥,《吴郡志》称蒲老巷,巷以桥名。全长275米。明代称蒲菱巷,民国名蒲林巷,皆由音讹。

巷内有戏曲理论家吴梅故居。

pulin lane

the pulao bridge is located at the entrance of the lane,so the lane had the same name with the bridge,which could be found in the book of wujun chronicles.the total length of the lane is 275meters.in the ming dynasty it was called puling lane,and then it was called pulin lane in the republic of china due to people’s similar pronunciation.

there is the former residence of drama theorist wu mei in the lane.

12、学士街

古名药市街。后因明代大学士王鏊建宅第于此,故名。全长497米,现存有怡老园后楼、陆宅、吴宅等遗迹。

xueshi street

the lane,originally called yaoshi street,is named xueshi(scholar)street because the ming dynasty scholar wang ao’s house is located here.the total length of the lane is 497 meters.the ancient relics include the former residence of wang ao(yilao park),lu family mansion and wu family mansion.

13、马医科

原名流化坊巷,《平江图》载巷东口有牌坊名“流化坊”,故名。巷长305米,宋代吴县县治在巷内。晚清称马医科巷,民国时改称马医科,因巷中有马氏所经营之济民药局而名。

巷内原有宋代县衙,明末改为申文定公祠。中部有绣园,西首有俞樾故居曲园、潘奕隽故居等。

mayike(pharmacy)lane

since it is said in pingjiang map that at the east entrance of the lane stood a memorial archway named"liuhuafang",people called the lane liuhuafang lane.the lane is 305 meters long.the government office of the wu county was located here in the song dynasty.because a pharmacy run by ma family was located in the lane,it was called mayike lane in the late qing dynasty then transformed its name into mayike in the republic of china.

the county government in the lane was rebuilt into shen wending ancestral hall in the late ming dynasty.today the jing garden lies at the east end of the lane,embroidery garden in the middle,qu garden(the former residence of yu yue)and the former residence of pan yijun in the west.

14、景德路

因景德寺而得名。由原郡庙前、珠明寺前、申衙前(景德寺前)、黄鹂坊桥弄等合并而成。全长1510米。现存世界文化遗产环秀山庄、王鏊祠、城隍庙、金门城门等。

jingde road

the road got its name as jingde temple is located here.the road,with a length of 1510 meters,is consisted of junmiao qian,zhumingsi qian,shenya qian,and huanglifang bridge lane.the place has existing historic spots including world cultural heritage mountain villa,ming scholar wang ao’s ancestral hall,the former residence of bi yuan(the number one graduate in the palace examination in the qing dynasty),town god's temple,jin gate and etc.

15、南浩街

阊门以南外城河古称南濠,河西小街因名南濠街,又音讹为南浩街。巷长1800米,1999年建神仙庙,街坊改造后又置“南浩十八景”,辟三条西向通道连接石路,自南向北分别名为名人街、葫芦街、神仙街。现元宵灯会、轧神仙等民俗活动均在此进行。

nanhao street

the city moat lies to the south of chang gate was called nanhao,and the street lies to the west of the moat was called nanhao(南濠)street.it is also called naohao(南浩)street by people as similar pronunciation.the lane is 1800 meters long.the immortals temple built in the lane in 1999.the eighteen nanhao landscape was added in the street after it renovated.it opened up three channels,which were immortals street,hulu street,and fairies street from south to north,connecting the street with shilu road.activities like gashengxian(prefer good foutune),the exhibit of lanterns and so on are held here nowadays.

16、桃花坞大街

唐宋时因遍植桃花得名。全长935米,明代画家唐寅(伯虎)曾在此筑桃花庵,并有《桃花庵歌》传世。现存古迹有近代名人费仲深、谢家福故居。此外,发源于此的桃花坞木刻年画也享有盛名。

taohuawu avenue

in the tang and song dynasties,the avenue got its name for being planted peach everywhere.the avenue has a total length of 935 meters.in the ming dynasty,painter tang yin had built the taohua(peach blossom)residence here,and wrote a song named taohua residence which is classic.the existing historic sites in the avenue include the former residence of tang yin,fei zhongshen,and xie jiafu.in addition,taohuawu is also renowned as its wood engraving of spring festival pictures.

17、留园路

古称花步里,民国五年(1916)盛宣怀卒,家属为办丧事将留园至广济桥泥路拓宽,改筑弹石路面,两侧植树,改称“五福路”。路长961米,1952年改名留园路。

路旁有世界文化遗产留园。

liuyuan(the lingering garden)road

it was named huabuli in ancient times.in 1916 sheng xuanhuai passed away;in order to hold his funeral,his family members broadened the road which extended from the lingering garden to the guangji bridge,paving road with stones and planting trees on both sides.thus people renamed it wufu road,with a total length of 961 meters.in 1952 it was renamed liuyuan(lingering garden)road.

it has the world cultural heritage the lingering garden located here.

18、砂皮巷

《平江图》载巷东牌坊名德清坊,又名德庆坊巷。全长248米,民国改名砂皮巷,因巷内有砂皮作坊而得名,巷东首有清真寺,抗战后建“惠民小学”,二十世纪50年代末改“砂皮巷小学”。清末民初包天笑在巷口办《苏州白话报》。

shapi lane

it is said in pingjiang map that the archway at the east end of the lane was called deqing fang,so the lane was called deqing lane with a total length of 248 meters.the lane was renamed shapi(rubber)lane in the republic of china as a rubber workshop opened in the lane.at the east end of the lane was a hui mosque,which was the former site of the huiming primary school built after the anti-japanese invader war.at the end of the fifties the school was renamed shapi primary school.bao tianxiao ran the newspaper of suzhou vernacular newspaper in the lane at the end of the qing dynasty.

19、閤村坊巷

原名盍簪坊,明改艾家巷,民国后定为今名。巷长263米,《平江图》上该巷东口牌坊名“盍簪坊”。

hecunfang lane

being originally called hezanfang,the lane renamed aijia lane in the ming dynasty,and then it transformed into today’s name in the republic of china.the length of the lane is 263 meters.it is said in pingjiang map that it has an archway called hezan fang at the east entrance of the lane.

20、三元坊

三元坊相传为表彰钱棨而立,地名因之。其实此地原有状元坊、会元坊、解元坊三座牌坊,故名。旧时为府学书院重地,先后有鹤山书院、紫阳书院、正谊书院等。后纳入人民路,原书院巷至新市路段现存古迹有苏州文庙、可园、沧浪亭以及苏州美专旧址等。

sanyuan fang

the lane got its name because qian qi took the imperial examination and got the first place locally,provincially and nationally.the emperor qianlong ordered to build a memorial archway to honor him.in ancient times many academies of classical learning were gathered here,including heshan academy,ziyang academy and zhengyi academy and etc.now the lane is merged into renmin road.the part from shuyuan lane to xinshi road has historic heritage including confucius temple of suzhou,stone sculpture of the song dynasty,the former sites of the government office of jiangsu province,the ke garden,the surging waves pavilion and the suzhou art academy.

21、凤凰街

十梓街以南古称孔圣坊,清乾隆南巡后改凤凰街。北段古名绣衣坊,清末称甫桥西街。全长1065米,1980年两段合称凤凰街。北段清道光间顾沅筑“辟疆小筑”,毁于咸丰庚申战争。现有吴湖帆故居“明楼”。

fenghuang(phoenix)street

the street,located to the south of shizi street,used to be called confucius archway.after qianlong's southern tour,it changed its name into fenghuang(phoenix)steet.the northern part of the street was called xiuyi fang in ancient times,and then it was called fuqiao west street at the end of the qing dynasty.the total length of the street is 1065 meters.the two sections combined together and renamed fenghuang street in 1980.during daoguang period of the qing dynasty,gu yuan built pijiang villas in the northern section of the street which was destroyed during xiangfeng gengshen war in gengshen year,xiangfeng period.the former residence of wu hufan called ming house exists.

22、大儒巷

因明代大儒王敬臣居此得名。巷长403米,现存古迹有清代金石学家韩崇故居、德邻堂吴宅、昭庆寺、近代黄河治理专家潘镒芬故居等。

daru(famous scholar)lane

the lane,with a total length of 403 meters,got its name since the ming dynasty scholar wang jingchen dwelled here.the cultural relics in the lane include the former residences of han chong,the expert on epigraphy in the qing dynasty,and pan yifen,the yellow river governance expert in modern times.there are huiyin garden,anhui hall,the former residence of pan zuyin and etc.in the neighborhood.

23、官太尉桥

原名官太尉桥西堍塘岸,南接叶家弄,后以桥名。全长260米,巷中有清代名士袁学澜故居“双塔影园”。

guantaiwei lane

the southern section of the lane was called guantaiwei bridge xitutang’an,while the northern section of the lane was called baixian bridge originally.the two sections merged into one lane named guantaiwei lane with a length of 260 meters in 1980.there was shadow of two towers,the former residence of the qing dynasty scholar yuan xuelan,in the lane.

24、嘉余坊

宋前古坊,唐《吴地记》名嘉鱼坊,《平江图》中石坊在巷东口,坊因鱼市得名。后音讹为嘉余坊,全长180米,巷北侧有集福庵等遗迹,二十世纪九十年代为苏城著名美食街。

jiayu fang

the lane formed before the song dynasty.it is said in wudi record that the lane was called jiayu(嘉鱼)fang in the tang dynasty.it is said in pingjiang map that at the east end of the lane there is a fish market,from which the lane got its name.the lane,with a length of 180 meters,was similarly pronounced as jiayu(嘉余)fang later.there are jifu nunnery and other historic spots on the north side.the lane in the 1980s was a famous food street of suzhou.

25、谢衙前

古名碎银巷,全长383米,明代有指挥使谢翰居巷内,人遂称“谢衙前”,入清后成为定名。巷中旧有灵鹫寺,后办善耕小学。巷东首南北各有教会中学一所,北为慧灵女中,南为晏成中学。后两校合并为苏州市第三中学。

巷内有苏州市控保建筑吴宅。

xieya qian

it was originally named suiyin lane and is 383 meters long.because in the ming dynasty the commander xie han lived in the lane,people called it xieya qian,which still used today.there is the lingjiu temple in the lane,which is the predecessor of the shangeng primary school.at the east end of the lane there are two church middle schools located in opposite to each other.the school located in the north is hui ling girls’school,while in the south is yancheng middle school.then the two schools merged into the third middle school of suzhou.

wu family mansion in the lane is a building under control and protection of suzhou.

26、白塔东路

自西向东由原东白塔子巷、中由吉巷、二门口三条小巷合并组成。全长846.7米,东首有东园,平江路东有古典园林北半园。

east baita road

the road is consisted of east baitazi lane,zhongjiyou lane and ermenkou lane.it transformed into today’s name in 1970s.at the east end of the road,there are the east garden and the zoo.at the east end of pingjiang road there is the north banyuan garden.

27、养育巷

太平桥以南段古称丽泽坊,牌坊在南口。北段名太平坊,牌坊在太平桥北堍,明时称中街巷,后因此巷多处开有羊肉店,大小官吏近千人居于此巷,十分繁华,俗名羊肉巷。晚清以后南北段合称养育巷。

巷内有基督教堂“使徒堂”。

yangyu lane

the southern part of taiping bridge was called lize fang.there is a memorial archway at the southern entrance of this part.the northern section was called taiping fang.its memorial archway is located to the north of taiping bridge.the lane was named zhongjie lane in the ming dynasty and later mutton lane by the residents because there were many mutton stores and nearly a thousand officials lived there with a prosperous scene.in the late qing dynasty,the north part and the south part merged into one lane which was called yangyu lane.

apostolic church,a christ church,is situated in the lane.

28、颜家巷

因宋代颜度居巷内而得名。巷中有清状元缪彤府第。16号为现代学者王謇故居。1998年将碧凤坊16号“艺社”移建入内。巷中20号赵宅,26、28号庞莱臣故居为控保建筑。评弹艺人姚荫梅、徐云志、张鸿声皆曾居于巷内。

yanjia lane

this lane got its name because yandu dwelled here in the song dynasty.yishe,once located at the bifengfang no.16,was removed here in 1998.miao tong,who was the number one graduate in the palace examination,lived in the lane in the qing dynasty.no.16 in the lane is the former residence of the modern scholar wangjian.the no.20 in the lane is zhao family mansion.no.26 and no.28 in the lane is the former residence of pang laichen,a building under control and protection.the pingtan artist yao yinmei,xu yunzhi and zhang hongsheng all lived in the lane.

29、叶家弄

古代称叶家巷,民国改称叶家弄,东临官太尉河,全长457米。宋代翰林学士叶梦得(1077—1148)曾宅于此,故名。

现存市级文保单位宋代寿星桥,栏板有狮子浮雕,为南侧百狮子桥遗物。

yejia lane

it was once called yejia alley in ancient times,while renamed yejia lane in the republic of china.ye mengde(1077-1148),the hanlin academician in the song dynasty dwelled in here.the lane is situated near the guan taiwei river and has a length of 457 meters.

there is the shouxing bridge of the song dynasty,cultural heritage conservation unit of suzhou,in the lane.the lion carvings in relief on balustrades of the bridge are the relic of baishizi(hundreds of lions)bridge south to the lane.

30、西美巷

宋代称和丰坊,明代为米行集中地,名西米巷,后转音为西美巷。巷长475米。巷内有为纪念明代苏州知府况钟而修建的况公祠。

ximei lane

it was called hefengfang(harmony and harvest)in the song dynasty with a length of 475 meters.it was a place where rice stores were gathered here in the ming dynasty,and was thus named ximi(west rice)lane.there is the temple of the revered kuang built in memory of the suzhou governor kuangzhong during the ming dynasty.

31、范庄前

唐代名芝草营巷。后因宋范仲淹在此创办义庄而得名,全长348米。内有中国历史上最早见于记载的义庄——范义庄。

fanzhuang qian

named zhicaoying lane in the tang dynasty,its present name is due to the song dynasty fan zhongyan’s founding of the manor for the destitute here.inside the lane is the charity house earliest seen in the records of chinese history,which is fan family’s charity house.the lane is 348 meters long.

32、穿心街

清代名城守弄,为城守参将衙署所在,全长125米。民国时衙署改建报国寺,印光法师曾卓锡于此。报国寺与锦帆路章太炎故居相近,佛学大师与国学大师相邻,传为佳话。

chuanxin street

the street with a length of 125 meters was called chengshou(garrison)lane in the qing dynasty because the office of the garrison staff chief was located here,in times of the republic of china the office was rebuilt into baoguo temple and buddhist master yin guang lived here.the temple is close to the former residence of zhang taiyan on the jinfan road,the fact that the buddhist master and the master of studies of chinese ancient civilization neighbored on each other became a favorite tale.

33、金狮巷

巷名源自西口金狮河沿,金狮河沿古名金丝荷堰,相传吴王宫女常来此采莲,巷长271米。清乾隆年间状元石韫玉居于此巷内。巷内现存秦宅、李宅、汪宅等民居建筑群。

jinshi lane

the lane’s name is derived from the name of its west entrance name of jinshi riverbank;in ancient times the jinshi riverbank was named jinsi heyan.tradition has it that king of wu’s maids of honor very often came here to pick lotus pods and flowers.shi yunyu,the number one graduate of the palace examination during qianglong period of the qing dynasty,once lived here.there are the residences of qin family,li family,wang family and other residential buildings in the lane.

34、东中市

东中市西段原名中市大街,东段原名东大街,近代统称东中市大街,后改今名,全长935米。附近现存古迹有神仙庙福济观旧址,清代状元陆肯堂、陆润庠故居等。

dongzhongshi street

the west section of the dongzhongshi street was named zhongshi avenue before,while the east section was named dong street originally.the two sections was called dongzhongshi street,and then transformed into its today’s name in modern times.the street is 935 meters long.there are historic remains such as the former site of fuji temple and the former residences of lu kentang and lu runxiang,in the neighborhood.

35、汤家巷

南朝宋时有诗人汤惠休居此,遂名。汤早年遁入空门,出家为僧,其诗文甚佳,梁武帝爱其才,命他还俗,出仕为官,后官至扬州刺史。明代巷内汤家为裱画世家,与文徵明父子关系密切。

巷全长653米,巷内有春晖堂杨宅等古迹。

tangjia lane

the lane,with a length of 653 meters,got its name because the poet tang huixiu lived here in the southern song dynasty,who became a monk in his early years.he wrote good poems and essays and emperor wudi of the liang dynasty,ordered him to resume secular life to work as an official.later he was promoted up to yangzhou prefecture governor.there is chunhui hall,the yang’s family’s house and other historic sites in the lane.the tang’s family of the ming dynasty was good at mounting paintings,and it had a close relationship with wen zhengming and his son.

there are several ancient sites located in the lane includes chunhui hall of yang family’s residence.

36、阊门内下塘街

以位于阊门内第一横河下岸得名,全长约1100米。现存清代状元陆肯堂与陆润庠故居、泰伯庙、福济观、永丰仓船埠等古迹。

xiatang street of chang gate

it got its name because it is close to the henghe river inside the chang gate.it is 432 meters long.there are historic remains such as the former residence of zhuangyuan(the number one graduate of the palace examination)lu kentang and lu runxiang in the qing dynasty,taibo temple,fuji temple,chongzhen temple,wufeng garden,wenshan temple,yongfengcang wharf and etc.in the lane.

37、旧学前

古名弦歌里巷。南宋建长洲县学于此,明嘉靖时县学东迁,遂名旧学前。全长415米,原有古迹长洲县衙、文天祥祠、平江书院等。

jiuxue qian

it got its original name xiangeli because the changzhou county’s school was located here.it is 415 meters long.it was renamed jiuxue qian when the school was moved eastwards during jiajing period of the ming dynasty.there used to be ancient relics including changzhou county’s government office,wen tianxiang ancestral hall and pingjiang academy of classical learning.

38、大成坊

宋代太学朝奉郎林虙,好古嗜学,辞官居此,自号“大云翁”,因称“大云坊”,后人误称“大臣坊”,又转今名。1981年并入皮市街。

附近有玄妙观三清殿、梓义公所等古迹。

dacheng fang

song dynasty imperial college official lin,appreciated ancient culture and loved learning,lived here after resigning from the government and called himself"dayun old man",so the place was named"dayun fang".people of later generations miscalled it“dacheng(meaning high-rank official)fang”and later it again transformed into today’s name.the lane abandoned in 1981,and merged into pishi street.

nearby is the three holy spirits hall of the xuanmiao taoist temple and the ziyi public house as well as other historic spots.

39、锦帆路

原为春秋时吴都子城的西城濠,古称锦泛泾,又称锦帆泾。近代填河筑路,取名锦帆路。周边现有近代国学大师章太炎故居、报国寺、苏州独立支部旧址等建筑。

jinfan road

being originally the west city moat of wu capital city wall extension in the spring and autumn period,it was called jinfanjing(锦泛泾)and otherwise called jin fan jing(锦帆泾)in ancient times.now there are the former residence of zhang taiyan(a contemporary master of studies of chinese ancient civilization),the baoguo temple,the former site of cpc suzhou independent branch and other historic spots.

40、大石头巷

古名平权坊,为苏州古坊之一。后名大石头巷。相传有陨石落此,故名,今存大石一方,上有明末所镌“古坠星石”字样。以“四时读书乐”砖雕门楼著称的吴宅位于此巷。

dashitou lane

named pingquanfang block in ancient times,it is one of suzhou’s ancient blocks.later it was named dashitou lane.it is said that its name due to a meteoric stone,which still exists here with an inscription of"ancient falling star"engraved at the end of the ming dynasty.the historic sites of the former residence of the acupuncture expert cheng dan’an,wu family mansion which is famous for its"delight in reading in four seasons"brick carving gate–tower and others are all located here.

41、司前街

清代在街北西侧设臬司(江苏提刑按察使司)监狱、司狱司署,遂称司前街,全长375米。民国年间为江苏高等法院看守所所在,抗战前夕,“七君子”之一的史良曾被关押在看守所。

siqian street

because there was a criminal procurator(jiangsu surveillance commissioner)prison set up on the west side of the northern section of the street to administrate the procurator office affairs and the prison in the ming and qing dynasty,the lane got its name as siqian street.it is 375 meters long.in the years of the republic of china it was the location of the jiangsu provincial high court detention house,and shi liang,one of the seven gentlemen,was detained here on the eve of the anti-japanese invader war,so people also called the house the seven gentlemen prison.

42、悬桥巷

古名县桥巷,巷长414米。巷内曾有明代高士徐波的圆峤仙馆、复社社员郑敷教的桐庵、清代学者黄丕烈的“百宋一廛”藏书楼等。巷内及周边现存古迹有清代状元洪钧故居、近代名医钱伯煊故居、丁氏济阳义庄等。

xuanqiao lane

it was named xianqiao lane originally and is 414 meters long.there used to be yuanqiao immortal’s hall of xubo,a famous scholar in the ming dynasty,tong house of zheng fujiao,a member of glory-restoration society,and baisongyichan library of huang pilie,a scholar of the qing dynasty,and the ding family’s jiyang charity house.the ancient relics include the former residences of hongjun,the number one graduate of the palace examination of the qing dynasty,qian boxuan,a modern famous doctor,and gu jiegang,a historian.the ding family ancestral hall is also located in the lane.

43、潘儒巷

宋称章家桥巷,元末张士诚婿潘元绍居此,名潘氏巷,明代吴中富户潘时用居此时改称潘时用巷。今转作潘儒巷,巷长415米。现存世界文化遗产狮子林、苏州市文物保护单位王氏惇裕义庄、苏州市控制保护建筑吴钟骏故居及由东北街迁移至此的清代建筑张氏义庄。

panru lane

its original name,zhangjiaqiao lane given in the song dynasty,was renamed panshi lane,for pan yuanshao,the son-in-law of zhang shicheng who lived here at the end of the yuan dynasty.it was renamed pan shiyong lane when the rich man pan shiyong of wuzhong district dwelled here in the ming dynasty.then the lane transformed into its today’s name.it is 415 meters long.the ancient legacies include the lion forest garden,national cultural heritage conservation unit;the wang’s dunyu charity house,cultural heritage conservation unit of suzhou;the former residence of wu zhongjun,the controlled and protected building of suzhou and the zhang family charity house,an architecture of the qing dynasty which was removed from the dongbei street.

44、西北街、东北街

以名胜古迹众多著称,全长2071米。沿街及附近现存全国重点文物保护单位太平天国忠王府、拙政园、报恩寺塔、狮子林。拙政园、狮子林为世界文化遗产。苏州博物馆和苏州园林博物馆等也集中于此。

northwest street、northeast street

the lane,2071 meters long,is famous for its large number of scenic spots and historic sites.there are national cultural heritage conservation units of the zhong wang fu(prince zhong's mansion in the taiping heavenly kingdom),the humble administrator’s garden,the bao’en temple and the lion forest garden.the humble administrator’s garden and the lion forest garden are world cultural heritage.suzhou museum and thematic museums such as suzhou garden musuem are also gathered in the lane.

45、双林巷

曾名迎宾坊,巷长268米。清代金石学家、湖南巡抚吴大澂(字清卿)祖居在此。清末吴大澂与弟吴大衡(字谊卿)同中进士,同入翰林,故此巷又以双林名之。

shuanglin lane

the lane,with a length of 268 meters,was called yingbin fang originally.the former residence of wu dacheng,the expert of epigraphy and the governor of hunan province in the qing dynasty,was located here.since wu dacheng and his brother wu daheng got jinshi(a successful candidate in the highest imperial examination)and became hanlin academicians together during the guangxu period,people called the lane shuanglin lane.

46、王洗马巷

洗马,官名,汉时为太子侍从官,传该巷旧时有王姓洗马官居住,故名。巷长368米。巷内有春申君庙,祀楚国春申君黄歇,并有江苏省文物保护单位任道镕旧居和控保建筑汪宅等遗迹。

wangxima lane

xima,an official name,worked in the crown prince’s palace in the han dynasty.the lane,with a length of 368 meters,got its name because it is said that wang xima dwelled here in ancient times.the temple of noble huang xie of the chu kingdom for offering sacrifice to him;the former residence of ren daorong,suzhou cultural heritage conservation unit;the former residence of wang mingluan,a building under control and protection and so on are located in the lane.

47、钮家巷

古称銮驾巷,全长414米。现有清代状元、大学士潘世恩故居留余堂,曾为太平天国英王陈玉成的行馆。另有凤池园遗址、真觉庵、陈宅、方宅等古迹。

niujia lane

the lane,with a length of 414 meters,was called luanjia(imperial carriage)lane in ancient times.now it still has the former residence of the qing dynasty the number one graduate of the palace examination and grand secretary pan shien’s liuyu(allow for unforeseen circumstances)hall,which once served as temporary dwelling mansion of chen yucheng,the king of ying of the taiping heavenly kingdom.besides,it has the remains of the fengchi(phoenix pond)garden,dong family charity house,zhenjue nunnery、chen family mansion and fang family mansion and other historic sites.

48、书院巷

唐时称南宫坊北宋名南园巷,南宋因魏了翁所创鹤山书院在此,改今名,全长564米。后在此设巡抚衙署,明清两代有周忱、海瑞、汤斌、林则徐、丁日昌等名臣治事其中,古迹至今尚存。

shuyuan lane

it was called nangong fang in the tang and song dynasties.the lane,with a length of 564 meters,got its name because wei liaoweng opened heshan academy here in the song dynasty,which became jiangsu governor’s office later.famous officials in the ming and qing dynasties like zhou chen,hai rui,tang bin,ling zexu,ding richang and etc.all have worked here.many precious historic remains still exist in the lane.

49、道前街

位于人民路饮马桥北堍西侧,东起饮马桥与十梓街相接,西至姑胥桥与三香路相接。全长1430米。

道前街长期以来一直是苏州的政治中心,官署林立。元初置江淮行省,治所即在宋府仓基(今道前街东段);明太祖洪武元年(1368年)建府治于织里桥东;清雍正八年(1730年)将歌薰桥东的兵备道署改建为江苏提刑按察使署;民国时期设有苏常道、吴县公署、苏州市政府、江苏省第三区行政督察专员公署等。抗日战争前夕,沈钧儒等“七君子”曾在此受审。

daoqian street

it is located on the west side of the northern section of yinma bridge,which is on the renmin road.the street starts from yinma bridge in the east and borders on shizi street.it stretches to guxu bridge in the west and borders on sanxiang road.the street is 1430 meters long.daoqian street ever has been suzhou's political center.in the early yuan dynasty the imperial court set jianghuai province,whose government office was located in songfucangji(the east section of daoqian street)and removed to the place east to zhili bridge in 1367.the military governor office on the east of gexun bridge was rebuilt into the office of jiangsu judicial commissioner department in 1730.the government office of suchangdao(a district name),wu county(the city of suzhou)office,suzhou government office,and jiangsu’s third district office of the chief inspector in the republic of china are used to be located in the street.during the period of the anti-japanese invader war,shen junru and other seven gentlemen were on trial here.

50、十全街

位于人民路南端东侧,东至葑门,全长2004米,原名“十泉街”,因旧时沿街有古井十口,故名。清乾隆帝南巡至此,曾驻跸于织造署内,因乾隆帝自号“十全老人”,遂将“十泉街”改为“十全街”。现存有彭启丰故居、李根源寓所“曲石精庐”、蒋纬国故居、何亚农故居、王颂蔚故居等建筑。

shiquan street

it is located on the east side of the southern section of renmin road and it stretches to feng gate in the east.the street,with a length of 2004 meters,was originally named ten springs street,because there were ten old wells along the street.during qianlong's tours in southern china,emperor qianlong had lodged in the waving department mansion here.since the emperor called himself shiquan(十全)elderly,people renamed shiquan(十泉)street as shiquan(十全)street.there are ancient relics include peng qifeng’s mansion,li genyuan’s qushijinglu house,the master-of-nets garden,the former residences of jiang weiguo,he yanong and wang songwei.

51、仓街

位于干将东路相门内北侧,全长1286米。曾名“东营街”(中营街)。因兵营驻扎于此,故名。清代为长洲、元和两县官仓所在地,有豫顺、青邱等仓,遂称为“仓街”。

仓街南端东侧,清代有军械局。10号曾为江苏省苏州监狱所在地,始建于清宣统三年(1910)。巷内旧时多水井,现存洙泗泉、福寿泉、双眼“留韵义井”。街南原有丽姬弄,相传项羽爱姬曾居于此。

cang street

the lane,with a length of 1286 meters,lies to the north of xiang gate on the east ganjiang road.it was originally named dongying street or zhongying street,because barracks once garrisoned here.then it got the name as cang street because there are county changzhou and yuanhe’s storehouses,as well as yushun and qinqqiu storehouses,in the lane.

there was bureau of ordnance on the east side of southern section of cang street in the qing dynasty.no.10 in the lane is the site of suzhou jail,first built in 1910.there are many wells in the lane,and among the existing wells are zhusi well,fushou well,shuangyan yijing well and guan well.according to the legend,xiang yu’s favorite lady once lived in the liji lane which is situated south to the street.

52、枣市街

位于胥江北岸泰让桥西,全长1531米。旧称“枣市上”“枣栈上”,明清时为枣子集市,故名。昔为胥门至横塘必经之路,系农副产品集散地。民国时期这里是重要工商业区之一,有电气厂、火柴厂、面粉厂,冶坊、油坊等达76家之多。现存嘉应会馆、韩蕲王庙(枣商会馆附其内)等遗迹。

zaoshi street

it is located on the northern shore of xujiang river and on the west side of xumen road.it is 1531 meters long and it was originally named"zaoshishang"or"zaozhanshang".the street got its today’s name because it was the site of jujube trading market in the ming and qing dynasties.it was the only way from xumen to hengtang.department of agricultural and sideline products distribution center was located on the street.it was also the important commercial land and industrial area in the period of the republic of china.there were more than 76 factories like electric factory,mach factory,flour mills,smelting workshop,and oil mill gathered here.among the existing historic spots are jiaying guild hall,hanqiwang temple(it has guild hall for merchants of jujube inside)and so on.

53、中张家巷

位于平江路南段东侧,东至仓街南段,巷长351米。巷南侧原有河浜,现已复通,有桥名南张家桥,故名。巷内古建筑众多,有全晋会馆、顾宅、吴宅等遗迹。

zhongzhangjia lane

the lane,with 351 meters long,lies on the east side of the southern section of pingjiang road and stretches to the southern section of cang street in the east.the lane got its name because it had a small river in the south of the lane and across which is zhangjiaqiao bridge.the pingjiang government office was once located in the lane.there are also many ancient buildings in the lane,such as quanjin guild hall,shen family mansion and wu family mansion and so on.

54、卫道观前

位于平江路中段东侧,东至仓街,巷长356米。巷内现存卫道观、礼耕堂潘宅等遗迹。

卫道观,建于元代,原名会道观。礼耕堂为清乾隆年间潘氏家族所建,为苏城现存最大古建筑群之一。

weidao guanqian

it is located on the east side of the middle section of pingjiang road and stretches to the cang street in the east.it is 356 meters long.the existing historic sites in the lane include weidao temple and pan family mansion.

weidao temple,originally named huidao temple,was first built in the yuan dynasty.pan family mansion also known as ligeng hall was built by anhui businessman pan linzhao,which has the largest scape of ancient buildings in suzhou.

55、南石子街

位于南显子巷东,西起迎晓里,东至平江河,长328米。巷内有徐氏春晖义庄、潘祖荫故居等遗迹。

nanshizi street

it lies to the east of nanxianzi lane.it starts from yingxiaoli in the west to pingjiang river in the east.it is 328 meters long.the ancient relics include xu family’s chunhui charity house,the former residence of pan zuyin and so on.

56、南显子巷

位于临顿路南段东侧,西起临顿路,东至迎晓里,巷长183米。当以蚬壳硬化路面、又位于北显子巷南面而得名。《宋平江城坊考》引明卢熊《苏州府志》:“仁美坊,南显子巷口,表右史上官涣酉所居。”

现存惠荫园、韩宅等遗迹。

nanxianzi lane

the lane,with a length of 183 meters,is located on the east side of the southern section of the lindun road and many noble and wealthy people used to live here.it stretches from lindun road in the west to yingxiaoli in the east.it is said in the record of pingjiang city of the song dynasty that according to the record of suzhou by lu xiong of the ming dynasty the official shangguan huanyou lived at the entrance of the nanxianzi lane(renmei fang).

the ancient relics include huiyin garden and han family mansion and so on.

57、专诸巷

位于景德路西端金门口北侧,长556米,古名钻龟巷,因古代钻燋龟甲以卜凶吉而名。相传春秋时勇士专诸葬于此地,故名专诸巷。《盛世滋生图》作者清代画家徐扬宅在巷内。

zhuanzhu lane

it is located on the north side of jin gate,which is on the western section of jingde road,and it is 556 meters long.it originally named zuangui lane because people used tortoise shell to divination by firing it and studying its broken pattern in ancient times.the lane got its today’s name because it is said that the warrior zhuanzhu was buried here in the spring and autumn period.the famous painter xu yang’s mansion is located here,who is the author of"a prosper scene of suzhou"in the qing dynasty.

58、人民路(卧龙街)

位于苏州城内中轴线偏西,全长4681米,为城内南北向第一主干道,宋代称“大街”,宽仅3米。后因形似卧龙,改名“卧龙街”。清代康熙、乾隆南巡,府、县百官在此护驾,遂改名“护龙街”。抗战胜利后改称“中正路”,宽度仅容车马交会。1951年由三元坊南延至新建的人民桥,定名为人民路。平门路1980年并入。人民路及附近主要分布有沧浪亭、文庙、可园、怡园及北寺塔等遗迹。

renmin road(crouching dragon street)

the road,with a length of 4681 meters,is located to the west of suzhou city’s axis.it is the main thoroughfare from north to south of the city,which was called"dajie"with a width of only 3 meters in the song dynasty.then it was renamed crouching dragon street because the road was dragon-shaped.during the period of emperor qianlong's southern tour,officials of all ranks guarded the emperor on the road,so the road renamed hulong(guard the emperor)road in the qing dynasty.after the victory of anti-japanese invader war,the road renamed zhongzheng road and it was narrow.the zhongzheng road,sanyuan fang and pingmen road were merged into one road called renmin road in 1951.among the historic spots on renmin road are surging waves pavilion,confucius temple,sanyuan fang,the garden of harmony,the government office,pagoda of beisi temple and so on.

59、吴趋坊

位于景德路黄鹂坊桥西堍北侧,长673米。坊为宋前古坊。吴趋坊的得名,源于西晋陆机所作《吴趋行》。旧时,吴趋坊是城内一条最热闹的街道。在清代姚承绪撰的《吴趋访古录》书中,“吴趋”还成了苏州的代名词。

wuqu fang

it lies on the north side of the western section of huanglifang bridge,which located on the jingde road.the lane,with 673 meters long,is formed before the song dynasty.the lane got its name since that people in wu district often sang the song the song of wuqu,which is full of local flavor.it is the most prosperous street in the city in ancient times.in the book an observation of ancient wuqu written by yao chengxu,wuqu became suzhou’s second name.

60、文衙弄

位于宝林寺前北侧,长195米,因明代大学士文震孟(文徵明曾孙)居此,故名。弄内有明代袁祖庚所建宅园“醉颖堂”,后归文震孟,名“药圃”,清初为姜埰所有,改名“敬亭山房”,道光后为绸缎业七襄公所,现名“艺圃”,为世界文化遗产。

wenya lane

it is 195 meters long and lies in the north section in front of baolin temple.it got its name because the grand secretary wen zhenmeng(the grandson of wen zhengming)lived here in the ming dynasty.zuiying hall,built by yuan zugeng in the ming dynasty,was owned by wen zhenmeng later and was renamed"medicinal garden".it was in possession of jiang cai and renamed"jingtingshan fang"in the early qing dynasty and is the predecessor of qixiang public house of silk industry during the daoguang period.nowadays it transformed into the name the garden of cultivation and it is the world cultural heritage.

61、十梓街

位于人民路南段饮马桥北堍东侧,长1617米。现存顾宅、圣约翰堂、东吴大学旧址、博习医院旧址等遗迹。

shizi street

it is located on the east side of northern yinma bridge,which is on the southern section of renmin road.it is 1617 meters long.the ancient relics here include gu family mansion,xu family mansion,wu family mansion,st john's church,the remains of dongwu university and boxi hospital and etc.

62、定慧寺巷

因宋代判官王文罕兄弟居巷内,原名王判司巷,位于凤凰街北段东侧,西起凤凰街,东至官太尉桥塘岸,弄长287米。西段北侧有北宋早期所建定慧寺,故名。

巷内有定慧寺、罗汉院双塔及正殿遗址等遗迹。

dinghui temple lane

it was originally called wang pansi(judge wang)lane as wang wenhan brothers once lived here.it lies on the east side of the northern section of fenghuang street.it stretches from fenghuang street in the west to the guantaiwei bridge in the east.the lane,with a length of 287 meters,got its name because there is dinghui temple on the north side of the western section of the lane,which was built in the early song dynasty.

there are dinghui temple,wu zuoren art museum,the remains of arhat temple and twin pagodas and other historic spots in the lane.

63、滚绣坊

位于凤凰街南端西侧,西至平桥直街。巷长430米,宋代知州章祐为太子少保章元绛归老居此而立“衮绣坊”于巷西口,因而得名,后讹作“滚绣坊”。

巷内向为显宦大族所居,有顾宅、吴氏继志义庄、叶圣陶故居等遗迹。

gunxiu fang

it located on the west side of the southern fenghuang street and stretches to pingqiaozhi street in the west.it is 430 meters long.it got its name since that the department magistrate zhangyou built the gunxiu fang at the west entrance of the lane for yuan jiang,the junior guardian of the heir apparent,to dwell after he retired.there are many dignitaries lived in the alley.

the existing historic spots here include the palace of the king of liang of the taiping heavenly kingdom,gu family mansion,qian family mansion,wu family’s jizhi charity house,and the former residence of ye shengtao and so on.

64、闾邱坊巷

位于因果巷北侧,东至皮市街。巷长405米。北宋时期朝议大夫闾邱孝终居此,故名。苏轼云:“苏州有二邱,不到虎邱,即到闾邱。”有顾氏(安之)鸳鸯楼旧址、詹沛霖(源)故宅等遗迹。

lvqiufang lane

it lies to the north of yinguo lane and stretches to pishi street in the east.it is 405 meters long.it got its name because the senior official lvqiu xiaozhong lived here in the song dynasty.su shi said that suzhou has two famous places,one is tiger hill the other is lvqiu,and you will have no pity if you visit either of them.there are ancient relics include the former site of gu anzhi’s mandarin duck house,the former residences of miu kangshou,and zhan peilin.

65、富郎中巷

位于庙堂巷北,东起养育巷,西至剪金桥巷。巷长390米,原名“德寿坊”。宋时刑部郎中富严(曾任苏州知州)居此,故名。民国时,开业医生寓此者甚多,有顾允若、顾乃绩、顾乃大、宋爱人、陆子安等,吴语“郎中”即指医生。

巷内有吴宅、沈瓞民故居等遗迹。

fulangzhong lane

the lane,with a length of 390 meters,located to the north of miaotang lane and is originally named deshoufang lane.it extends from yangyu lane in the east to the jianjin bridge in the west.official of the ministry of punishments fuyan,who once served as the magistrate in suzhou,dwelled here.in the republic of china,there were many doctors lived here,such as gu yunruo,gu naiji,gu naida,song airen,lu zian and so on.since langzhong in suzhou dialect means the doctor,the name of the lane also means there were many doctors worked here.the historic remains exist in the lane including the former residence of shen diemin,chen family mansion,and wu family mansion and so on.

66、葑门横街

位于葑门塘北岸,西起徐公桥,东至敌楼口,与石炮头相连。因其东西走向,与主干道垂直(呈横向),故称横街,是自然形成的葑门附郭集镇式商业中心。

heng street of feng gate

it located on the north shore of feng gate pond and next to the shipaotou in the east.it starts from xugong bridge in the west to the diloukou in the east.it got the name because the street stretches from east to west.the street is a natural business center near the feng gate.

67、孔付司巷

位于凤凰街南段东侧,东至迎枫桥弄,巷长445米。古代,巷口立有“孔圣坊”,巷称孔圣里。原有孔子庙,故又称孔夫子巷。后因明代按察副使孔镛居此,更名孔副使巷,现改为孔付司巷。

现存吴宅花园、织造署旧址等遗迹。

kongfusi lane

the lane,with a length of 445 meters,is located on the east side of the southern fenghuang street.it stretches to yingfengqiao lane in the east.in ancient times,confucius archway stood at the entrance of the lane,so the lane was called kongshengli lane.then it was called confucius lane because there was confucius temple in the lane.in the ming dynasty,kong yong,deputy chief censor of the ming dynasty,lived here,the lane was then called kongfushi lane,and later it was transformed into today's name.there are the wu family’s garden and the former site of the weaving department in the lane.

68、曹家巷

位于中街路北段高师巷北侧,东至王天井巷。巷长276.9米,文徵明曾居此。明卢熊《苏州府志》著录。《宋平江城坊考》引冯《志》云:“文温州林宅,在三条桥西北曹家巷,中有停云馆。子待诏徵明亦居此。所勒《停云馆》刻石十二种,世甚珍之。”

巷内及周边有王宅、张宅、许宅等古建筑群。

caojia lane

lu xiong’s suzhou government records says that the lane lies on the north section of zhongjie road and also on the north side of gaoshi lane.it stretches to tianwangjing lane in the east and has a total length of 276.9 meters.it is said in the records of pingjiang city of the song dyansy that the residence of wen lin was situated in caojia lane northwest to santiao bridge.wen zhengming,the son of wen lin,lived in the tingyun hall,a room of the house,and left 12 tablets of tingyun hall,which were seen as treasures by people of later generations.

nearby are xu family mansion,zhang family mansion and wang family mansion,as well as other ancient buildings.

69、祥符寺巷

位于皮市街中段,西出人民路,巷长405米。巷北侧洪元弄2号至8号原有南朝梁天监二年(503)所建福田寺,唐时改名西竺寺,北宋大中祥符间(1008—1016)易名祥符寺,巷以寺名。

巷内有轩辕宫、陆宅、汪伪特工司令部旧址等遗迹。

xiangfu temple lane

it lies in the middle section of the pishi street,with a length of 405 meters.futian temple,built in 503 ad.,was located at no.2 to no.8 of hongyuan lane(the north section of xiangfu temple lane).the temple renamed xizhu temple in the tang dynasty,and it transformed into the name of xiangfu temple in the period of 1008-1016.the lane was named after the xaingfu temple.

the existing historic spots include the xuanyuan palace,the residence of the lu’s family,the former site of secret service department during wang puppet government regime.

70、三茅观巷

位于中街路北段,全长356米。27号原为三茅观,宋淳熙年间(1174—1189)始建,巷以观名。明代著名书法家祝允明(枝山)曾居于此。

巷内有沈宅等古建筑。

sanmaoguan street

the lane,with a length of 356 meters,is located on the north section of zhongjie street.the no.27 of the lane was sanmao temple originally,first built during the period of 1174-1189.the lane was named after the sanmao temple.zhu yunming,the great calligrapher of the ming dynasty,once lived here.

there are shen family mansion and other ancient buildings in the lane.

71、天官坊

位于学士街北段西侧,全长132.4米。8号、10号为明成化十一年(1475)探花、曾任职吏部的王鏊旧宅遗址,立有牌坊,故名。王宅清中期归陆义庵,太平天国时曾作女馆。

tianguan fang

the lane,with a length of 132.4 meters,is located on the west side of northern xueshi street.no.8 and no.10 in the lane is the former residence of wang ao,zhuangyuan(the number one graduate in the palace examination)in the period of 1522-1566,who was also the grand secretary and the minister of personnel(called tianguan).the lane got its name since the former residence of wang ao and his archway were located in the lane.the former residence of wang ao turned into girls'school in the period of the taiping heavenly kingdom and zhuangyuan(the number one graduate of the palace examination)lu runxiang lived here in the late qing dynasty.

72、五卅路

位于言桥南,南起十梓街,北至干将东路。全长970米。原为子城废墟,民国十四年(1925)“五卅惨案”发生后,苏州二十多所学校师生在体育场集会示威。6月30日苏州各界在体育场举行五卅烈士追悼会,发起募捐。后以退回之捐款6千余元,在体育场东侧筑路,定名“五卅路”并立路牌,以志纪念。抗战后为纪念张一麐(字仲仁),改名“仲仁路”。解放后恢复原名。

wusa(may 30th)road

the road,with a length of 970 meters,lies to the south of yan bridge.it stretches from shizi street in the south to east ganjiang road in the north and it was the city ruins originally.after the massacre of the may 30th movement occurred,students and teachers of more than 20 schools gathered in the stadium for demonstration.people of suzhou gathered in the stadium to held five martyrs’memorial meeting and collected donations in june 30th.then people used 10,000 yuan from the donation to build a road named“may 30th road”and erected the road sign in the east of the stadium to commemorate this incident.after the anti-japanese invader war,people renamed the road zhongren road to commemorate zhang yilin,whose style name is zhongren.after the liberation,the road transformed its name into wusa road.

73、天库前

位于吴趋坊西侧,全长382米。按清康熙《志》:“唐周真人为民禳灾,建坛于此,曰天库巷。”

现存有武安会馆、盛宣怀故居等遗迹。

tianku qian

it is located on the west side of wuqu fang and is 382 meters long.according to kangxi chronicles that taoist zhou built an altar here to avoid evil and illness,so the lane was named tianku lane.there are historic remains such as wu’an hall,huoshen temple,the mosque,the former residence of sheng xuanhuai and etc.

74、庙堂巷

位于养育巷北段,全长406米。原有东岳二圣庙,故名。

巷内有畅园、忠仁祠、范氏宅园等遗迹。

miaotang lane

the lane,with a length of 406 meters,lies in the northern section of yangyu lane.it got its name because there was holy spirits of mount tai temple in the lane.

among the existing historic spots are chang garden,zhongren ancestral hall,and the residence of fan’s family and so on.

75、蒋庙前

位于临顿路北端西侧,全长200米。巷内有蒋侯庙,明洪武间始建,清同治十年(1871)重建。巷在庙前,故名。2、4、6、8、10号是清刑部郎中潘奕藻宅第,建于咸丰年间,建筑雄伟,雕刻精细。

jiangmiao qian

the lane,with a length of 200 meters,is located on the west side of northern lindun road.there is jianghou temple,built in 1863,in the lane.the opera stage,coat hall,and brick carving gate-tower still exist in the temple.the lane got its name as it is situated in front of the temple.no.2 to no.10 of the lane is the official of ministry of punishments pan yizao’s residence.his residence,constructed during the period of xianfeng,is magnificent with exquisite carvings.

76、九如巷

位于五卅路南段西侧,全长161米。巷形斜若玉钩,清乾隆时称钩玉巷。传其地为张士诚败后宫女埋玉之处,俗讹为狗肉巷,以不雅而改今名。

巷内有近现代建筑群。

jiuru lane

it is situated on the west side of southern section of wusa road and is 161 meters long.since the shape of the lane is just like a jade hook,it was called gouyu(jade hook)lane.it is said that the maid of honor buried jade here after the defeat of zhang shicheng,and people called the lane dog meat lane.it transformed into today’s name because the former name is inelegant.

there are modern building groups in the lane.

77、梵门桥弄

位于学士街北段西侧,全长282米。旧有桥,名梵门,弄以桥名。内有吴宅、裘业公所等遗迹。

fanmenqiao lane

the lane,with a length of 282 meters,is located on the west side of northern section of xueshi street.it got its name because there was fanmen bridge in the lane in ancient times.there are historic spots such as the residence of wu family,qiuye public house and etc.

78、刘家浜

位于吴趋坊南端西侧,全长263.8米。明尚书刘缨宅在巷内定光寺西,刘家浜名由此而得。民国初尚有河浜,1927年前后填没。

巷内有谦益堂潘宅、申宅、尤宅等遗迹。

liujia bang

it is located on the west side of southern section of wuqu fang,with a length of 263.8 meters.the lane got its name because minister liu’s ying mansion lies to the west of dingguang temple.there was a small river here at the beginning of the republic of china,and then it was filled up with soils around 1927.

there are historic spots such as qianyi hall pan family mansion、shen family mansion and so on.

79、古吴路

位于养育巷北段西侧,东起养育巷,西至水潭巷,全长418米,原名龙兴寺巷。清代吴县县衙设于此。巷称吴县横街,后改今名。抗日战争前,江苏高等法院看守所在县衙内设立分所,民国二十五年(1936)著名的“七君子事件”中的六名男性曾关押于此。

guwu road

the road,with a length of 418 meters,is known as longxing temple lane originally,and lies on the west side of northern section of yangyu road.it stretches from yangyu lane in the east to shuitan lane in the west.wu county’s government office was located here in the qing dynasty,so the lane was called wu county heng street,and then it was transformed into today’s name.in the eve of the anti-japanese invader war,jiangsu high court of justice detention house set up a branch in the county government in order to imprison six men of the famous"severn gentlemen"in 1936.

80、慕家花园

位于养育巷北段西侧,全长约380米。原名乐圃坊巷。清康熙年间,由巡抚慕天颜筑私家花园,称“慕家花园”。巷因园名。

现有遂园(荫庐)、毛宅等遗迹。

mu family garden

the lane,originally named lepufang lane,lies on the west side of northern section of yangyu lane and is about 400 meters long.in the period of kangxi,the governor mu tianyan built a private garden“mujia garden”,and the lane named after the garden.

there are historic relics such as sui garden,mao family mansion and etc.

81、因果巷

位于人民路北段东侧,全长378米。原名“乘鲤坊”,为宋前六十古坊之一。明《姑苏志》有著录。民国《吴县志》作:“乘鲤坊巷,俗名鹦哥巷。”后写成“因果巷”,系谐音所致。

yinguo lane

the lane,with a length of 378 meters,is located on the east side of northern section of renmin road.gusu records of the ming dynasty says that it originally named chengli fang,and is one of the sixty ancient lanes before the song dynasty.wu county records of the republic of china says that chengli fang’s popular name is yingge(parrot)lane.after that people called the lane yinguo(reason and result)lane as similar pronunciation.

82、瓣莲巷

位于养育巷南段西侧,巷长405米。明代称“板寮巷”,一作“版寮巷”(“版寮”意为以夹板为墙而建的小屋)。在旧道署后。

巷内有曹沧洲祠、清微道院等遗迹。

banlian lane

the lane,with a length of 405 meters,is located on the west side of southern yangyu lane.it was originally named banliao(板寮)lane or banliao(版寮)lane.it got its name because it is located behind the government office.

there are historic relics such as cao cangzhou ancestral hall and qingwei taoist temple in the lane.

83、肖家巷

位于临顿路南段东侧,西起临顿路,东至平江路,巷长413米。传三国时东吴大将周瑜故宅在此。原有肖氏双节堂,故名。

巷内有名医艾步蟾故居、元和县城隍庙等遗迹。

xiaojia lane

the lane,with a length of 413 meters,lies on the east side of the southern lindun road.it stretches from lindun road in the west to pingjiang road in the east.it is said that the former residence of zhouyu,who was the dongwu general in the period of the three kingdoms,is located here.

among the historic spots are the former residence of the famous doctor ai buchan and the town god's temple of yuanhe county and so on.

84、菉葭巷

位于临顿路北段东侧,巷长415米。亦作“陆家巷”。旧时巷内设有周急代赊局、仁寿堂等慈善机构。

巷内现有佛教居士林、陈宅等遗迹。

lujia lane

the lane,originally named lujia(陆家)lane,is located on the east side of northern section of lindun road and is 415 meters long.there used to be zhouji charity organization and renshoutang charity organization in the lane.

the ancient relics include the lay buddhists grove,chen family mansion and so on.

85、马大箓巷

位于中街路南段东侧,全长241米。原作“马大录巷”。

巷内有周宅、太平天国军械所遗址、季宅、顾宅等建筑遗迹。

ma dalu lane

it is located on the east side of the southern section of zhongjie road.

there are historic remains include zhou family mansion,shenxiu hall,the former site of ordnance of the taiping heavenly kingdom,zhu family mansion,wang family mansion and so on.

86、史家巷

位于临顿路北段西侧。旧名县后巷,因明代乡贤史鉴居住于此而改今名,全长353米。

巷内有冯桂芬祠堂、吴氏垂裕义庄等遗迹。

shijia lane

it is located on the west side of the north section of lindun road.it originally named xianhou lane and is 353 meters long.

there are ya garden,feng guifen family ancestral hall,wu family chuiyu charity house and etc.located in the lane.

87、长洲路

位于平桥直街南端西侧。全长365米。南宋绍兴元年(1131)在此设浙西路提点刑狱司。明洪武元年(1368)长洲县治移此,路名“长洲县前”。民初改今名。民国十六年(1927),为纪念被孙传芳杀害的革命烈士汪伯乐,在县署遗址创办伯乐中学。

changzhou road

the lane,with a length of 365 meters,lies on the west side of southern pingqiaozhi street.the bureau of judicial department was located on the road in 1131.then the road was renamed changzhouxian qian when the changzhou county government moved here.it was transformed into today’s name in the early republic of china.in order to commemorate wang bole,the martyr killed by sun chuanfang,people founded the bole middle school at the former site of the county government.

88、元和路

位于公园路北段东侧,路长335米。因元和县衙设在此处而得名,古名十郎巷。

yuanhe road

the road,with a length of 335 meters,lies on the east side of the northern section of gongyuan road.it got its name because the government office of yuanhe county was located here.it is said that zhang shicheng(the peasant uprising leader in the later yuan dynasty)was besieged by zhu yuanzhang’s(the first emperor of the ming dynasty)troops when zhang shicheng occupied suzhou and there were ten governmental officials in the lane answered the recruitment and dead in the battle,so the lane got the name as shilang(ten men)lane in ancient times.

相关文章

本站声明: 本站《苏州市姑苏区88处古街巷盘点汇总》由"命硬"网友投稿,仅作为展示之用,凯发k8国际首页的版权归原作者所有; 如果侵犯了您的权益,请来信告知,我们会尽快删除。

手机扫一扫查看

本周热门资讯 更多
合集专区 更多
网站地图